Friday, December 19, 2014

"Why on earth in this great available light we need to use flash light?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AntoineDagobert/posts


I had a chat the other day with one of my student in Photography. He was so determine with terms of "one kill one shot" with no editing at photoshop. He asked how we can do that? We were at the beach one day shooting a model at 5 PM just before sunset. So my student try a couple shot he was not happy at all with the result. I was smiling looking him got so frustrated. But I admire his determination.
So He went to me and start to mumbling. He asked me...How on earth we can do that "one shot one kill" things?. I checked and I am so sure that my Aperture and shutter speed also my ISO were good. but still I am not happy with the result. Give me your advice pls? And I said to him use "Flash Light"! Immediately He said "NO"!! so I asked Him again Why NOT? He said to me "Why on earth in this great available light we  need to use flash light?" With smiling I said to him "Good question Boy...". Sometimes we don't need to answer this kind of question with words to such a determined person. Just show them HOW will saved your energy :D.

So I set my Flash light on a light stand and I am using soft box to cover my flash light. position of the flash was in line with where the Sun light came from (see diagram below). With trigger on my cam, I fired a shot...





Whoalaaaa..."one shot one kill" Boy :D
My student looking to the result and I realized that the result just rendered him speechless.

The Answer of his question "Why on earth in this great available light we need to use flash light?  "to separate the objects from the background,  gain more dynamic range and details to the object without changing the ambiance light and color. Above all why don't we make the shadow fall into the right place Boy? :D

Have a lovely weekend to you all

Antoine Dagobert

All The Materials Contained May Not Be Reproduced, Copied, Edited, Published, Transmitted Or Uploaded In Any Way Without My Permission. My Images Do Not Belong To The Public Domain.
© Antoine Dagobert: using this image for any purpose and in any way, without prior permission, may lead to legal action.


#swag #zizzleblog #girly #fashionable #rings #boho #hot #bohemian #clubsocial #swagger #pants #lbloggers #fashionlove #fashionfollow #stylehunter #fashiondesign #trendhunter #britstyle #dailyoutfit #fashionweek #wiwt #britishstyle #longhair #fashionpic  

No comments:

Post a Comment