Friday, December 26, 2014

Dream Lights

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AntoineDagobert/posts

I was inspired by Emily Soto Images. Her workflow in Photoshop create such a hit by most photographer who love Photoshop in this time and I was one among many. One day this crazy idea to create this image just came, but this time I try to make it different,, make an image  with Emily Soto Photoshop editing skill but without Photoshop… yes again the terms of  “ONE KILL ONE SHOT”  was entering my mind again.
Emily Soto images works a lot with haze light and vintage feel on her colors nuance but yet with solid contrast in it. In this image the important is creating haze effect. You can do that in photography by letting a lots of light  into your model and into your lens. I found effective lens range to compound the light is 85mm and 105mm. one important element in Emily’s images is the BOKEH effect. which gave the dreamy effect. You can create Bokeh effect by using large aperture contra high shutter speed in your camera. For example in your aperture F 2.8 and your shutter speed is 1/1000sec. You will see that Blurry effect on the background but yet sharp in your object.

In this image of mine, I am not using that High speed technique to create the blurry, in contrary by using the effect of letting a lots of light come into my lens range is more than enough to create that haze, blurry and dreamy effect at once. Be smart  by using the elements that surround are always my motto.

So, I have already a tons of lights for that effect. And this is what gonna happen; if you have a lots of lights in your lens range, your object will so haze and  your camera body will having a hard time to give you a good contrast that will separate your object with background. This is the roll of Flash light/speed light need to do his job for you.

I placed my model in front of the afternoon sun…which you all can see that her back glowing because of that beautiful golden lights.  As you knew already that I deliberately letting a lots of light came in to my lens in order to create that haze, blurry and dreamy effect at once.

With 85mm f1.4mm on my D7000 body which means due the crop factor of the body I get range +/- 100 -105mm on my lens. Letting a lots of light came into my lens, I need a backup from my speed light (flash) in this case my SB900) to maintain the details to the object. The art here is maintain the balance between my flash and the ambiance light …I set the power of my SB900 on 1/64sec off shoe on pixel KING flash trigger(receiver). I use VALS (Voice Activated Light Stand) with another word a "person" to hold and directed my flash from below up to above, aiming to my model face. As you can see because of the flash light we produced shadow on my model orange shirt but in the same time I kept my model face clean from the shadow I set the zoom on my flash light above 105MM( make sure above your lens range) to narrow the outspread of lights that produce by my SB900.. As I already mentioned above, due a lots of light that came into the lens range a lots of reducing in color, detail and contrast happen too. So to maintain the contrast and details I use F8 on my Aperture and 1/250 sec on my shutter speed to maintain the vibrancy of the color. So I fired the shot and I am happy with the result. "Big happy smile" on my face, and yet again, how useful your flash light can be.



Hope you enjoy the image and my humble explanation

Thanks in advance folks

Cheers :D
Antoine Dagobert

All The Materials Contained May Not Be Reproduced, Copied, Edited, Published, Transmitted Or Uploaded In Any Way Without My Permission. My Images Do Not Belong To The Public Domain.
© Antoine Dagobert: using this image for any purpose and in any way, without prior permission, may lead to legal action.


#swag #zizzleblog #girly #fashionable #rings #boho #hot #bohemian #clubsocial #swagger #pants #lbloggers #fashionlove #fashionfollow #stylehunter #fashiondesign #trendhunter #britstyle #dailyoutfit #fashionweek #wiwt #britishstyle #longhair #fashionpic  

No comments:

Post a Comment