Saturday, December 27, 2014

Lighting Tutorial "Christmas Time Is Near"

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AntoineDagobert/posts


The art to use speed light is to balance the ambiance light with your speed light.  The most important thing here is, use your creativity. It was at Sunday afternoon couple weeks ago that my friend asked me to assist her with lighting for one of her project photography. This image was taken during the break time. I saw a beautiful vase with yellow flowers near the windows. Great afternoon light was shinning through the windows at that time. So I took the model's shoes and place them in front of the vase.
I really enjoyed the harmony of colors. I took 2 speed light and try to manifest what I had in mind. Because we lack on diffuser stuff etc, I decided to use the windows glasses as my 1st diffuser and the white wall on the right side of the object as my 2nd diffuser for my 2nd speed light. So NONE of my speed light directly to the object..all of them were bounced. Another Creativity added on, is by using the great afternoon natural light as my back light resources. The Window glasses works as diffuser to absorb the light and make it soft for you..kinda soft box effect...so, it is nothing wrong to be smart though :D. Using trigger set Pixel King, with transmitter on Camera (Nikon D810) with 50mm/1.4 fix lens attached and the receiver on both of my speed light, it makes easier for me to operate on my own by triggering them . To know how I set my lighting setup, check the diagram below...:D


So "Get Creative" with using whatever you can use as diffuser also as your back lighting. And as you see "Nothing is wrong with it"

Cheers...:D

Antoine Dagobert

All The Materials Contained May Not Be Reproduced, Copied, Edited, Published, Transmitted Or Uploaded In Any Way Without My Permission. My Images Do Not Belong To The Public Domain.
© Antoine Dagobert: using this image for any purpose and in any way, without prior permission, may lead to legal action.

No comments:

Post a Comment