Thursday, January 8, 2015

How to create a stunning portrait with one light

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AntoineDagobert/posts


Today I am going to share with you how to create a stunning portrait with one light only.
This technique will add more drama in to the image. You can use either studio lighting or speed light, but the most important thing is “how you do it.” Think wide open when you are in location shoot. Look around and analyze the area. And try to combine the benefit of the room with your lighting setup. Make sure that you use light stand, trigger and modifiers such as soft box/soft box grid, umbrella (white/black).
On my image above I used Tronic Alpha 1000w with octagonal soft box. Which I combined with the windows light that shine beautifully in to the room. And as you noticed that a lots of wood inside the room, that help me a lot to absorb all the light such as diffuser and gave me e better control on my exposure. 





As I always mentioned earlier that playing with lighting required your creativity. You need to analyze everything that you can use at shooting location in order to expand your lighting. As my image below, my shooting location was at restaurant that has a marble floor.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AntoineDagobert/posts


On my second image I am using Yung Nuo speedlight 560 EX II for Canon modified by Black umbrella with white soft box at the back side ( “Brolly” in photography equipment terms) controlled by Pixel King Trigger Receiver as I had the Transmitter attached on my Canon 5D Mark III with 35mm/F1.4 Canon Lens.
I placed my lighting (see diagram below) above the model and leaning down towards the model. Because we had a marble floor I bounced the light to it in order to minimize the shadow opacity and at the same time to highlight the eyes of the model.  

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AntoineDagobert/posts


That's all for today hope you enjoy the article and help you on your next photography assignment/adventure

Cheers :))))
  
Antoine Dagobert


All The Materials Contained May Not Be Reproduced, Copied, Edited, Published, Transmitted Or Uploaded In Any Way Without My Permission. My Images Do Not Belong To The Public Domain.
© Antoine Dagobert: using this image for any purpose and in any way, without prior permission, may lead to legal action.


#swag #zizzleblog #girly #fashionable #rings #boho #hot #bohemian #clubsocial #swagger #pants #lbloggers #fashionlove #fashionfollow #stylehunter #fashiondesign #trendhunter #britstyle #dailyoutfit #fashionweek #wiwt #britishstyle #longhair #fashionpic #lighting tuturial #photographytutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment